Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Higher Education

I am not sure if I am stoked or disturbed. I am sitting in my class at Fuller Seminary in a grad school level course designed for professional teachers of religions and pastors looking for further education and I smell cigarette smoke.

Someone in here smoked before they came to class. Im not sure if I should high five them for being progressive in a profession that typically shuns the leisurely addiction or frustrated because they stink. Either way, as I breathe in the remnants of a Joe Cool cancer stick, I sneak a half smile and silently applaud the guy behind me for his gumption.

1 comment:

b.hurst said...

a cigarette in a seminary class seems pretty out of place. if it was a cigar or pipe, that might be ok... but even that seems more like an after class thing.