Friday, October 31, 2008

Extroverts: Who Needs Em?

High school ministry has turned me into an introvert. When I first started in junior high ministry I was a rambunctious teenager taking every opportunity to be on stage and in front of people. It was not uncommon for me to be hopped up on Mountain Dew and screaming for no apparent reason.

I recently took the Myers-Briggs personality test and discovered that my personality, along with my beverage of choice, has changed. I went from an ENFP to an INFJ. I look forward to long conversations with awkward pauses, I love being alone with some music or a book, I am ok if I don't talk to everyone in the room, I like the idea of people not knowing if I like them or not. Becoming an introvert has come with a much more intricate thought life, a better vocabulary, and an appreciation for the finer things. The only downside is that people commonly believe that introverts hate the world...wait, that might be true.

No comments: