Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Xlerator

I am a big fan of washing my hands after using the restroom. I consciously tell myself every time, "this is what adults do, we wash our hands." To my excitement the restroom at the Fuller campus installed these new auto hand dryers that blast out air at an alarming rate. I felt like a kid with an air compressor blowing in my mouth to make it look like I was skydiving!



If you're wondering how fast the air exits the machine, check out the manufacturer's note.



Everything was going good, my hands were dry (and warm, a wonderful bi-product), trees were spared, Mother Earth was smiling...until I went to leave the bathroom. You see, Im one of those freaks who uses his paper towel to open the door as I exit. While I love to believe that everyone washes their hands, I happen to know this not to be true. I was stuck in the bathroom with no paper towel and the stupid Xlerator, in all its air compressed glory, laughing at me until someone else came in. Instead, I managed to use my foot, I know you were worried.

PS. This is my 101st post!

No comments: